- 1 What is the cheapest way to send a large parcel?
- 2 How much does it cost to deliver a large parcel?
- 3 How much does it cost to send a 50kg parcel?
- 4 How do I send an oversized parcel?
- 5 What is the maximum parcel size for the post office?
- 6 Is courier cheaper than post office?
- 7 Can you send large parcels from the post office?
- 8 Can I send TV through courier?
- 9 How do I package a large item?
- 10 How do I ship a large heavy package?
What is the cheapest way to send a large parcel?
Parcelforce offer the cheapest way to send a 30kg parcel. Our discounted Parcelforce 48 Large service offers a cost-effective way of posting heavy items in the UK and is available as a drop-off service or a courier collection for a small extra cost.
How much does it cost to deliver a large parcel?
Skip post office queues Send a large parcel (max 15kg) from just £2.79, an XL parcel from £4.89 or an XXL parcel (max 25kg) from £8.79. We’ll collect from your door and deliver the next working day.
How much does it cost to send a 50kg parcel?
For example, we are the UK’s cheapest courier for large items, with a UK shipment up to 50kg starting at £24.75.
How do I send an oversized parcel?
To send a large parcel follow these 8 simple steps:
- Package your item (for help with this, see our packaging guide)
- Measure your final packaged item (L x W x H cm)
- Weigh your package (Kg)
- Enter the dimensions, weight and destination into our courier quote tool.
- Book and pay for the service that best suits your needs.
What is the maximum parcel size for the post office?
What is the Biggest Size Parcel the Post Office Will Take? The biggest parcel the Royal Mail Post Office will take is one not larger than 2.5m length and 5m length and girth combined that weighs 30kg or less. Large parcels are sent via ParcelForce Worldwide.
Is courier cheaper than post office?
UP TO 78% CHEAPER THAN ROYAL MAIL Over the past few years Royal Mail has steadily increased the average price of sending a parcel so it’s now often cheaper to use a courier service to have your parcels delivered (and faster too!)
Can you send large parcels from the post office?
If your parcel’s over the size or weight of a medium parcel, you’ll need to send it via Parcelforce Worldwide (up to a maximum of 30kg and maximum size of 2.5m and 5m length and girth combined). For rolled and cylinder-shaped items, the length of the item plus twice the diameter must not exceed 104cm.
Can I send TV through courier?
If you’ve still got the original box your telly came in, you might think you can just slip it back in with no extra protection and send it on its way with a courier. These boxes won’t provide enough protection for your TV when it’s in transit with a courier and being handled at multiple depots.
How do I package a large item?
The best materials to use for packaging heavy and large parcels is thermocol and cardboard. It is important to not use masking tape as this will just break under the strain of the weight. To protect your items within the box, pack empty space with bubble wrap, polystyrene or cardboard.
How do I ship a large heavy package?
For even heavier items, try UPS Ground. The service accepts packages that weigh up to 150 pounds. For very large and heavy items such as furniture, FedEx Freight might save you money on shipping. Heavy products need to ship in stronger cardboard boxes to stay secure in transit.