- 1 How do I send large items in the post?
- 2 What Courier takes large items?
- 3 How do I ship bulky items?
- 4 What is the cheapest way to send a large parcel?
- 5 Can you send large parcels from the post office?
- 6 How much does it cost to post a large heavy parcel?
- 7 How much does it cost to send a 50 kg parcel?
- 8 How do I arrange a courier collection?
- 9 Is it cheaper to send one big parcel or two smaller ones?
- 10 What can you use to ship items?
- 11 Is courier cheaper than post office?
- 12 What is the maximum parcel size for the post office?
How do I send large items in the post?
To send a large parcel follow these 8 simple steps:
- Package your item (for help with this, see our packaging guide)
- Measure your final packaged item (L x W x H cm)
- Weigh your package (Kg)
- Enter the dimensions, weight and destination into our courier quote tool.
- Book and pay for the service that best suits your needs.
What Courier takes large items?
Large parcel delivery is available to all usual DPD Local Online destinations. You can also opt for next day delivery within the UK. How much does it cost to send a large parcel with DPD Local? Large parcel postage with DPD costs as little as £7.19 inc VAT.
How do I ship bulky items?
Examples of large items to send
- Fold it down.
- Secure loose parts.
- Wrap all parts in protective material.
- Place inside a cardboard box.
- Fill space inside the box with protective materials.
- Tape to secure the box closed.
What is the cheapest way to send a large parcel?
Parcelforce offer the cheapest way to send a 30kg parcel. Our discounted Parcelforce 48 Large service offers a cost-effective way of posting heavy items in the UK and is available as a drop-off service or a courier collection for a small extra cost.
Can you send large parcels from the post office?
If your parcel’s over the size or weight of a medium parcel, you’ll need to send it via Parcelforce Worldwide (up to a maximum of 30kg and maximum size of 2.5m and 5m length and girth combined). For rolled and cylinder-shaped items, the length of the item plus twice the diameter must not exceed 104cm.
How much does it cost to post a large heavy parcel?
Skip post office queues Send a large parcel (max 15kg) from just £2.79, an XL parcel from £4.89 or an XXL parcel (max 25kg) from £8.79. We’ll collect from your door and deliver the next working day.
How much does it cost to send a 50 kg parcel?
50kg – 80cm³ – £49.99+vat. 35kg – 90cm³ – £49.99+vat. 25kg – 120cm³ – £49.99+vat.
How do I arrange a courier collection?
How to book a courier collection
- Enter the postcodes you’d like to send your parcel from and to.
- Tell us your parcel’s weight.
- Choose standard delivery.
- Select courier collection.
Is it cheaper to send one big parcel or two smaller ones?
The weight-related costs are the same in each case. So, generally, or perhaps often, unless particular circumstances make it different, it is cheaper for you to send one large box than to send 3 small boxes.
What can you use to ship items?
Packages can be sent using Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail®, First-Class Package Service-Retail™, USPS Retail Ground®, and Media Mail®. There are several things to consider when choosing a shipping service.
Is courier cheaper than post office?
UP TO 78% CHEAPER THAN ROYAL MAIL Over the past few years Royal Mail has steadily increased the average price of sending a parcel so it’s now often cheaper to use a courier service to have your parcels delivered (and faster too!)
What is the maximum parcel size for the post office?
What is the Biggest Size Parcel the Post Office Will Take? The biggest parcel the Royal Mail Post Office will take is one not larger than 2.5m length and 5m length and girth combined that weighs 30kg or less. Large parcels are sent via ParcelForce Worldwide.