- 1 Is courier office and post office same?
- 2 Can I courier from post office?
- 3 What are the services provided by post office?
- 4 Is courier cheaper than post office?
- 5 What are courier charges?
- 6 Can we send electronic items through India Post?
- 7 Which is highest post in post office?
- 8 How many postal services are there?
- 9 Does post office provide loan?
- 10 Does post office have overnight delivery?
- 11 How do I courier a parcel?
- 12 How do I send a parcel through the post office?
Is courier office and post office same?
Speed Post is a high-speed postal service provided by the postal department, which provides on-time delivery of letters, parcels and important documents around the world. Courier is a mail service, offered by a firm, which involves handling and shipping of packages, money, documents, etc. from one place to another.
Can I courier from post office?
Nowadays there are many courier companies in India that deliver packages from one location to another location but sending a courier via Indian post office is one of the best options. Through the speed post tracking feature, you can get the status of your courier.
What are the services provided by post office?
A post office is a public facility that provides mail services, such as accepting letters and parcels, providing post office boxes, and selling postage stamps, packaging, and stationery. Post offices may offer additional services, which vary by country.
Is courier cheaper than post office?
UP TO 78% CHEAPER THAN ROYAL MAIL Over the past few years Royal Mail has steadily increased the average price of sending a parcel so it’s now often cheaper to use a courier service to have your parcels delivered (and faster too!)
What are courier charges?
A few of the top trusted and reliable delivery couriers sources in the country include Indian Post service, FedEx, First, and DTDC. Most of these courier services offer logistics convenience to over 4500 pins in the country and charge anywhere between INR 30-90 per 500 gm.
Can we send electronic items through India Post?
Anything can be sent in a parcel except articles whose transmission is prohibited. It can contain single communication to the addressee of the parcel. If the addressee refuses to pay the charges, the parcel will be returned to the sender from whom the charge will not be recovered.
Which is highest post in post office?
One of the highest post offices in the world is in Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh operated by India Post at an altitude of 14,567 ft (4,440 m).
How many postal services are there?
There are 31,330 Postal Service- managed retail offices. This number doesn’t include contract offices. The Postal Service leased 23,050 properties in 2020. The Postal Service owns 8,440 properties around the country.
Does post office provide loan?
At present, under the NSC and KVP rules, many depositors with the public sector banks have been getting loans by pledging their investment certificates under NSC and KVP as security. However, the department of post has not been authorised to sanction loan against such investment.
Does post office have overnight delivery?
USPS Priority Mail Express is a guaranteed way to send documents and packages to a destination overnight or in one to two days on any day of the year, including Sundays and holidays. USPS is the only overnight shipping carrier that is allowed to deliver packages to a P.O. Box address.
How do I courier a parcel?
How to send a parcel in five easy steps
- Label your parcel. It goes without saying that your parcel should contain both the sender’s and the recipient’s address.
- Picking a courier service. The second step is picking a courier service that meets your needs.
- Inquire about special shipments.
- Booking a pickup.
- Track your parcel.
How do I send a parcel through the post office?
Sending a parcel
- Choose the service – Ordinary mail, Registered mail, Speed Services Couriers, EMS.
- Ensure that the destination address is correct, current and complete.
- Check the spelling of surnames, street names and towns.
- Ensure the address is written in black ink.
- Write clearly.
- Always use the correct postal code.