- 1 Can DHL collect from home?
- 2 Does DHL charge by weight or size?
- 3 How much does DHL pickup cost?
- 4 Why is DHL shipping so expensive?
- 5 How do I arrange a courier collection?
- 6 How long does DHL courier take?
- 7 Does DHL notify you before delivery?
- 8 Do DHL text you before delivery?
- 9 Which is cheaper DHL or FedEx?
- 10 How are DHL packages calculated?
Can DHL collect from home?
We will collect parcels from any home or business address in the UK – this can be your home, office or even your mum’s house. If you aren’t going to be home at the time of the collection, that’s not a problem – you can leave your parcel in a safe place for our driver to collect.
Does DHL charge by weight or size?
Does DHL Express have a size and weight limit? DHL can transport shipments of nearly any size and weight. If a shipment includes a piece that is over 48 inches in length or over 150 Lbs., an excess size-overweight piece charge of $89.00 is applied.
How much does DHL pickup cost?
Remote Area Pickup and Delivery will change from $0.40 per lb with a $40.00 minimum to the greater of $42.00 per shipment or $0.42 per lb. Residential address will change from $4.65 per shipment to $4.95 per shipment.
Why is DHL shipping so expensive?
The DHL shipping cost may be impacted by surcharges for specific delivery services. DHL does this while ensuring that the surcharges availed are equal for all customers. Some surcharges include: Fuel surcharges: affects any weight charge on shipments and other transport surcharges.
How do I arrange a courier collection?
How to book a courier collection
- Enter the postcodes you’d like to send your parcel from and to.
- Tell us your parcel’s weight.
- Choose standard delivery.
- Select courier collection.
How long does DHL courier take?
Please keep in mind that delivery times can vary depending on the product/service chosen and origin/destination relation; from 2-3 days for neighboring countries and up to 20 days for countries with long distances.
Does DHL notify you before delivery?
On the morning of the delivery, a 1 hour delivery window will be provided. Where the sender of your parcel has provided your mobile number or email address, we will send you a notification.
Do DHL text you before delivery?
No need to wait in for parcels Gone are the days when a recipient needs to wait in all day for a parcel to be delivered. With our email and text notifications, your recipient will receive a one-hour time slot on the morning of the delivery and a ‘You’re next’ text when they are the next stop on the driver’s route.
Which is cheaper DHL or FedEx?
Shipping Rates: Although DHL and FedEx both charge higher rates for same-day delivery services, DHL rates are typically cheaper for domestic shipments, ultimately. When it comes to choosing between DHL international shipping rates and FedEx international shipping rates, DHL rates are also generally more affordable.
How are DHL packages calculated?
To get the dim weight for a DHL export, use inches and pounds:
- Multiply the length, width, and height of the package in inches.
- Divide that total by 139 (the standard divisor for express carriers on international shipments).
- Round up to the next whole number, and you have the dim weight in pounds.